Having a hard time finding the right solution for a client. If anyone experienced a similar challenge, please let me know.
Client is a manufacturer of medical devices. They are currently developing the next generation of their patient monitoring devices. The devices must be NIST 800-53 compliant and will have PII/PHI on them.
The devices will be run attached to patients by analog and digital measurement devices. They will be connected to a network by Ethernet, Wifi, Bluetooth, or not connected in faraday-cadge room. It’s imperative the Security Application on the device scan or compromise the normal function of the device while it’s in use as human lives depend on this device.
· ARM64 processor Architecture
· Linux – Yocto 3.0 Zeus
· Embedded Security product – Pre-boot (Strongly desired)
· Lowest process intensity possible
· System Lockdown via application fingerprinting/Zero Trust/Process Whitelisting-Control
· Integrity checks of Filesystem (File Integrity Monitoring lets you monitor files, folders, registry keys, or registry values for changes.)
· Ability to add exceptions from scanning when device is performing certain functions
· Ability to Scan .CFG files
· Regular Signature updates pushed over private subnet.
· Wifi Enabled
· Bluetooth Enabled
· Normally ethernet to dedicated monitoring subnet.
· There are a variety of I/O ports.